Pueblo Grande Project
Pueblo Grande, concessions covering about 9,863 hectares
Dominican Republic: Immediately adjacent to Barrick’s Pueblo Viejo Au-Ag-Cu Mine in Sanchez Ramirez Province, approximately 50km north of the Capital city of Santo Domingo
Highly prospective and strategically located gold and copper exploration prospects with extensive prior work in active and mining-friendly region of Dominican Republic. Near term exploration emphasis on lithocap alteration hosted ('blind') high sulphidation epithermal gold-silver targets west of Pueblo Viejo mine workings, associated with geophysical magnetic high signatures.
100% ownership of all concessions, subject to a sliding scale net smelter royalty (NSR) ranging from 1% where gold is under $US 1,000/oz, to 2% where gold is over $US1,400/oz.
Latest News from Pueblo Grande
In October of 2018 Precipitate announced entering into a purchase-sale agreement with Everton Resources Inc. (“Everton”) and subsequently announced the completion of the acquisition in January 2019 whereby Precipitate acquired a 100% interest in all of Everton’s Dominican Republic exploration concessions, including two highly prospective concessions, making up the “Pueblo Grande Property”, surrounding Barrick’s world-class Pueblo Viejo gold-silver-copper mine. The Pueblo Viejo mine is widely recognized as one of the largest (consistently in the top five) gold mining operations in the world.
Highlights of New Property Acquisition:
- 100% interest in strategic land position surrounding Barrick’s Pueblo Viejo mine (largest active gold mining operation in Latin America; top 5 in the world);
- 2 high-level historical drill discovery zones (Tres Bocas and Lechoza) warranting follow-up;
- Substantial under-explored lithocap alteration zones proximal to, and on strike from Pueblo Viejo open pits;
- Extensive drill dataset from over 200 historic drill holes totalling over 29,500 metres (DDH and RAB);
- Situated in active and mining-friendly district within 10 km of 3 operating mine sites; and
- Select reported historical highlight drill intercepts include:
All above noted intercepts commence at less than 20m drill depth and are core widths not true widths
||Everton News Source
||Jan 27/11 (DDH APV-30)
||May 17/06 (DDH TBM-07)
||Feb 02/11 (DDH APV11-02)
||Dec 20/10 (DDH APV10-13)
||Apr 13/11 (DDH APV11-30)
Pueblo Grande Project Location
Two concessions, comprising a portion of the Pueblo Grande Property are contiguous to the Pueblo Viejo mine operated by Barrick Gold via a joint venture between Barrick (60%) and Goldcorp (40%). The third concession (named the “Ponton Project”) acquired in the transaction is located approximately 30 kilometres (“km”) east of Pueblo Grande in a similarly favourable and prospective geological environment. The Company has also submitted exploration concession applications for an additional strategic land position connecting the two main Everton concessions along the eastern boundary of the Pueblo Viejo mine to form the newly consolidated Pueblo Grande Property. As a result, Precipitate’s new land position surrounds Barrick’s Pueblo Viejo mine site on the west, north and east sides, covering about 9,863 contiguous hectares. See maps for the property location illustration maps.
Highlights of Pueblo Grande Exploration Potential:
The area to the west of the Pueblo Viejo mine is interpreted to be a high-level advanced argillic lithocap alteration type environment which lacks significant known gold-silver mineralization but has the same highly anomalous trace element suite that typifies the adjacent Pueblo Viejo deposit. The lithocap alteration is dominated by pervasive quartz-pyrophyllite-pyrite with numerous and widespread irregular pods, veins, and veinlets of massive hematitized magnetite. Magnetite, silicification and various pathfinder elements associated with Pueblo Viejo style high sulphidation epithermal gold-silver-copper mineralization offer key exploration vectors into and through the extensive altered lithocap zone (see attached aster image and airborne magnetics geophysical map). Past drill testing appears to have focused mainly on coincident geochemical and induced polarization chargeability anomalies on the eastern extents of the lithocap, largely overlooking the sizable magnetic-high anomalies within the central lithocap region, leaving much of this target untested. The prospective lithocap alteration within Precipitate’s concession boundaries, along strike to the northwest from the Pueblo Viejo mine pits, measures roughly 5 km by 3 km, with the coincidental prospective magnetic-high anomaly measuring approximately 2.5 km by 3 km, representing a sizable and highly prospective yet essentially untested target for initial work programs and possible near-term drill testing.
Additional magnetic anomalies (both high and low signatures) exist within the property package, specifically to the southeast of Pueblo Viejo, and will likely see future geological mapping and sampling. Previous drilling has also encountered at least two additional key areas of mineralization within the property (namely La Lechoza and Tres Bocas) evidencing the project’s potential to host multiple areas of interest and several styles of mineralization. The size and scale of the property package, combined with its proximity to one of the largest gold mining operations in the world, make this a compelling project for extensive and ongoing exploration.
Highlights of Acquired Pueblo Grande Dataset:
In acquiring the Pueblo Grande Property (previously named the APV, Mermejal, Jobo Claro Loma Mate and others) and the nearby Ponton Property from Everton, the Company acquires valuable associated datasets that include:
- Two high level historical drill gold-base metal discovery zones: Tres Bocas and Lechoza;
- Drill hole database, including 158 diamond drill holes and 62 shallow RAB drill holes; totalling about 29,500 metres and 10,600 core - rock pulp samples;
- Heliborne magnetic-GeoTEM geophysical survey (729km of flight lines);
- Numerous ground geophysical surveys, including magnetics, induced polarization and max-min EM;
- Approximately 10,750 surface geochemical samples (combined stream sediment, rock, soil, trench);
- Extensive surface geological mapping at various detail levels; and
- A large prospective surface area of ‘lithocap alteration’ to the west of the Pueblo Viejo mine.
Highlights of Barrick’s Pueblo Viejo Gold-Silver-Copper Mine:
- Largest active gold mining operation in Latin America; within the top 5 global gold mines;
- 13.4 million ounces (“Moz”) gold, 74.4 Moz silver, and 298.5 million pounds copper (measured and indicated mineral resource from 169.5 million tons grading 2.46 g/t gold, 13.66 g/t silver and 0.08% copper)*;
- Additional 3.6 Moz gold, 16.0 Moz silver, and 87.2 million pounds copper in the inferred category;
- Annual production of 1.0 million ounces gold at $US 525.00 all-in-sustaining cost per ounce**; and
- Refractory ore is mined by conventional open pit truck and shovel method, where gold and silver are closely associated with pyrite.
*March 2018, NI 43-101 report. **Based on annual 2017 production Barrick website
Pueblo Grande Purchase-Sale Agreement Terms:
Precipitate acquired a 100% interest in Everton’s three Dominican Republic mineral exploration concessions by delivering to Everton upon closing in January 2019:
- $CDN 25,000 cash;
- Seven million common shares of Precipitate subject to resale legend restrictions for up to 3
years, expiring as follows:
- 10% (700,000 shares) with resale legend expiring 6 months from the date of issue;
- 10% (700,000 shares) with resale legend expiring 12 months from the date of issue;
- 10% (700,000 shares) with resale legend expiring 18 months from the date of issue;
- 15% (1,050,000 shares) with resale legend expiring 24 months from the date of issue;
- 15% (1,050,000 shares) with resale legend expiring 30 months from the date of issue; and
- 40% (2,800,000 shares) with resale legend expiring 36 months from the date of issue,
- No royalty is payable to Everton on any of the acquired concessions
Additional payment stock conditions include (i) should Everton elect to sell or dispose of any of the payment shares, and in each instance, it will give Precipitate at least 10 business days advance notice, so as to allow the Company to assist in finding a purchaser for such shares and (ii) the selective legend removal of various escrow payment share release restrictions should the Company’s common shares trade at or above $0.20, $0.40 and $0.60 per common share for 10 consecutive trading days on the TSXV (based on a volume weighted average price, “VWAP”). Pre-existing advanced stage or mining related commitments to a third party include (i) a sliding scale net smelter royalty (NSR) ranging from 1%, where gold is under $US 1,000/oz, to 2%, where gold is over $US1,400/oz and (ii) a cash or share payment in the event the a resource of 1.0 million gold equivalent ounces or greater are delineated in various indicated and inferred categories.